20 business/life hacks which will make life 10x easier
Secrets in wifi, nutrition, knowledge, confidence, selling items, idea generation, and much more. This was one of my "most liked" posts of all time when I posted it to Facebook :)
1. You can use @gmail.com and @googlemail.com interchangeably.
Perfect for signing up to a website twice without setting up two accounts.
2. Download Wifi analyzer to determine what channel your router should broadcast its Wifi Signal. Improved my wifi speeds by 22x
Love to play music while working?
Play a video game soundtrack.
They are designed to work as background music and not disrupt your focus.
3.Potatoes are cheaper than Ramen, have more nutritional value, and will keep you full longer
4. When running late for work, whether you call in or not, don't show up with a cup of coffee you bought along the way.
5. You can turn Youtube videos into .gifs just by adding 'gif' to the beginning of the URL.
6. One 18 inch pizza is more pizza than two 12 inch pizzas.
7. Before checking in at the airport, take a photograph of your luggage.
A picture is worth a thousand words if your bags get lost!
8. If you aren't good enough at anything to stand out, be reliable.
Your faithfulness may be more useful to someone than being a flaky genius.
9. When starting something new, search for "Things I wish I knew when starting X"
10. If you're still hungry shortly after you've eaten, you're probably dehydrated.
Try drinking water before consuming more food.
11. Search Craigslist for 'Divorce' to find good deals on used tools
12. If you're leaving food at work, take a bite before you put it in the fridge.
13. Always enter the email recipient after you have finalized the email body so you don't send them the mail by accident.
14. If you need professional looking photos of a small item, use your bath as a white backdrop.
15. The secret to confidence is that there is no secret. You start by faking it.
16. After you copy and paste something NSFW, copy a harmless line of text.
17. When trying to come up with something creative, don't try to be creative.
Write every idea down on a piece of paper and don't stop until you've got at least 100 ideas.
18. Before sending a client e-mail, read it to yourself aloud in a super snarky tone.
If it still sounds ok, then send it.
19. Make a distinct bend in your business card before dropping it in a bowl used for a drawing. The drawer is more likely to pick a card that sticks out rather than lays flat.
20. Write down a short 3-4 minute long introduction of yourself and memorize it
- this way if you are introduced and have to "tell a little about yourself" you will sound a lot more confident.
METHOD FOR YOU TO MAKE YOUR OWN ARTICLES LIKE THIS:
1. Pick a busy subreddit or your niche on reddit.com
2. Click "top" then "all" (or "This month" if you want more time-sensitive returns"
3. You'll find a list of the most upvoted posts in that group. I found the above in the reddit.com/r/lifehacks subreddit
4. Choose the posts that your audience will love.
5. Distribute posts across all your channels and get views/traffic!
Any questions/comments? Let’s hear them below :)
p.s. if you liked this post please consider sharing it to your Facebook/Twitter!
Daily Cheat Codes - Marketing/business ideas 7 days a week is a reader-supported publication. To receive new posts and support my work, consider becoming a free or paid subscriber.